April 12, 2019
“You only need to be one step ahead”, a thought heard from Marvin De Leon the founder of the Freelance Blend during the CEO talk, as SISFU’s Grade 12 Students held their MISSION I M POSSIBLE: The Art of Freelance and Investments Event last April 5, 2019 at the Luxembourg Hall.
With over 140 attendees, participants got the chance to acquire experiential knowledge about business ideas, entrepreneurship, and strategic investments and other organizations’ advanced planning in freelancing from the five distinguished speakers:
- Jun Cochanco: President and CEO of Fly Ace Corporation
- Alia Vargas Ortega: Visual artist, Producer, Writer of Freelance Creative
- Marvin De Leon: Founder of Freelance Blend and co-author of Cyberpreneur Philippines
- Raul B. De Mesa, President of RBM Holdings and Former President of Bank of Commerce
- Manolet Salak, Founder of Alpha Primus Partners and Senior Strategic Advisor - ING Philippine
Event participants included Southville International School and Colleges (SISC), International Baccalaureate (IB), and South Mansfield College students, as well as students from other schools and Southville International School affiliated with Foreign Universities (SISFU) students and staff, businessmen, and parents. It was also attended by several sponsor organizations.
This remarkable event served as a training platform to fulfill the requirements for the following subjects of the Grade 12 students in an advanced, cross-disciplinary manner:
- Business Enterprise Simulation
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Inquiries, Investigation, and Immersion
- Operations and Management
The students dubbed the event “Mission I M Possible” because they believe that there are myriad opportunities for students to grow in investing and freelancing.
We look forward to hearing from you!